Saturday, May 4, 2019

Jake Cosmos Aller writes


Strong Wine

One night
I was staring
In my wine glass

Deep in thought
When I saw
Something in my wine
That haunts me still

I saw in the bottom of the glass
Evil doers abandon evil
And became saints

I saw rich men give up
Their awesome greed
And poor people
Awarded dignity

And all men
Became brothers

All women
Became sisters

And war ended once and for all
And peace broke out
And hatred disappeared

And I stared
Into my glass wine

I drink the wine
Hoping the vision

Would infect me
And change the world

But alas the world
Remained the same

The evil doers came back
The rich continued to conspire
And the poor still remained poor
And the war continued on and on

So I drank my wine
And went to sleep
The Wino -- Edvard Munch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?