Friday, June 14, 2019

Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal writes


Every Bird

Every bird I see
reminds me of
birds I have seen
before. I just can’t 
be sure if they
are the same birds.

I overthink things 
too much and these
are things I think 
about when I feel
anxiety and
mull things over.

It’s not important 
to know about
the birds. It takes
my mind off of things I
prefer not to
think about at all.
Max Ernst, page from "Oedipus (Oedipe), Volume IV," from A Week of Kindness or the Seven Capital Elements ("Une Semaine de bonté ou les sept éléments capitaux," 1933–34), published 1934, line block after collage, from a five-volume serial novel with 182 line blocks after collages, page: 10 3/4 x 8 1/16 in, publisher: Éditions Jeanne Bucher, Paris; printer: Georges Duval, Paris; edition: 812; the Museum of Modern Art, New York, the Louis E. Stern Collection, 1964 (photo by Robert Gerhardt. © 2017 Artists Rights Society/ARS, New York / ADAGP, Paris)
page from “Oedipe" Vol. IV,” of “Une Semaine de bonté ou les sept éléments capitaux,” (A Week of Kindness or the Seven Capital Elements”) -- Max Ernst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?