Friday, November 9, 2018

Arlene Corwin writes

Just Another Day…(Or Not?)

Eighty-four!
What more to ask for!
Oh yes! Just to be alive
The day that I reach eighty-five! 

I must admit 
I ought to be a bit 
More grateful. 
Truth to tell, 
I feel happy, peaceful, well! 
Not just that, 
But loved by those 
Who have the least and most 
Part in my days. 
A sample: propped up lazily 
in bed, 
Eating scrambled eggs and toasty bread, 
Coffee, honey… 
Brought to me on wicker tray. 
What a way to start the day! 
So to you I’ve never seen 
Except on Facebook’s sunny screen; 
To friends who live both near and far, 
Etcetera, etcetera… 
Have a ‘Happy’ back to you! 
Happy day and year you also! 
Make each common day a hallowed! 
In the end, and humbly, 
Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY me! 
 Image result for yoga birthday
[Happy birthday, Arlene. When you were born 31,046 days ago, 274,000 others were born on the same day....]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?