Thursday, April 4, 2019

Michael Lee Johnson writes


Oh Carol, Poem

You treat me like soiled underwear.
I work my way through.
I gave up jitterbug dancing, that cha-cha-chá,
all my eccentric moves, theatric acting, poetry slams.
I seek refuge away from old films, nightmares
you jumping from my raspberry Geo Chevy Tracker
repeat your stunt from my black 2002 S-10 Chevy truck, Schaumburg, IL.
I toss tarnished photographs out windows of hell
seek new selfies, myself.
I’m a rock-in-roll Jesus, a damn good poetry man,
talent alone is not enough storage space to strip
you away from my skin, distance myself from your
ridicule, those harsh words you can’t take back
once they are out like Gorilla Glue, as Carl Sandburg spoke about.
I’m no John Lennon want to be;
body sculptured David Garrett, German violin masterpiece,
nor Ace Hardware, Midwest, CEO.
All I want is to be respected in heart of my bright sun,
engaging these shadows endorsing these gray spots in my life.
Send me away from these drum beats that break me in half,
jungle thunder jolts dislodging my heart
popping my earlobes over the years,
scream out goodbye.
No more stepping on me cockroach style,
swatting me, a captured fly.
Ludwigshafen 23.03.09 031.JPG
 David Garrett

1 comment:

  1. Carl Sandburg was a leading 20th-century American poet known especially for his desrciption of Chicago as "Hog Butcher for the World/Tool Maker, Stacker of Wheat/Player with Railroads and the Nation's Freight Handler,/Stormy, Husky, Brawling, City of the Big Shoulders" and saying that fog "comes / on little cat feet." He was also the 1st American urban folk singer, accompanying himself on solo guitar at lectures and poetry recitals, and on recordings.
    John Lennon was one of the most influential singer-songwriters of the 20th century. He gained international acclaim as the leader of the British rock group the Beatles before embarking on a solo career and performing with his wife Yoko Ono.
    David Garrett is a German pop violinist who uses the surname of his American ballerina mother.
    Gorilla Glue is a polyurethane adhesive. Mark Singer discovered its use by Indonesian teak furniture makers in 1994 and began exporting it to American furniture makers. In 1999 it was introduced to the general market and works on wood, stone, foam, metal, ceramic, glass and other materials. For awhile, from 2013 until sued by the adhesives company, GG Strains produced Gorilla Glue marijuana strains, so-called because of the sticky nature of the plants' resinous trichomes.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?