Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Parveen Sethi writes



Elixir



A lazy strand of hair 

plays with the stinging tear 

at the corner of my eye



As the evening softly sets 

outside my window,

the light  reduces into a twilight 

I quietly wrap up the 

days and nights

made of us in togetherness 

But were you ever there 

I silently wonder at the same time?



A fragment of my imagination 

I then sigh 

But then was there ever anyone else

as larger than life?



Your fragrance still fills 

my nostrils up 

and every breath I take 

fills me up with you 

I slowly try to breathe you out

To  let go 

I feel choked and gasp for air 

and breathe you back in frantically 



Can love ever be any less than eternal,

I ponder 

It can be a folly 

but can it ever be a mistake?



You existed in moments 

and as I try to shun you,

you settle as an eternity

in my heart's throb 

In everything around 

you glisten like a dew drop  



And I quietly hold you 

at the tip of my finger 

to silently taste it

to soak into my senses,

A tempest that you were

An elixir that you couldn't be!
Image result for tears paintings
Tears -- Rio Villegas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?