Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Sunita Paul writes


My Durga



Your Durga comes with great pomp and joy
My Durga (as a poor child) does not get even a broken toy
Your Durga is full of lights
My Durga (here a prostitute) in the bed only satisfies at night
Your Durga is made of mud and clay
My Durga (an aborted girl child) sometimes never sees the light of day
Your Durga is only awesome and grand
My Durga (a poor young lady) finds hard a place in this world to stand
Your Durga comes every year only for a week
My Durga (the child in poverty) here the whole year is feeble and weak
Your Durga is celebrated and worshiped
My Durga (the tortured housewife) is only abused and whipped
Your Durga comes with divine grace
My Durga (an average woman) here struggles in the life's race
Your Durga comes with powers to fight the evils
My Durga (a raped female) here is torn to pieces by the devils
Your Durga is also a girl and a woman
But why is My Durga always treated as a bane???
 Goddess Durga
 Goddess Durga -- Jiaur Rahman

1 comment:

  1. According to the "Devi Mahatmya," Durga ("the inaccessible" or "the invincible") is the greatest goddess, the supreme power and creator of the universe. She is an incarnation of Devi (Sanskrit for "heavenly," "divine," "anything of excellence"), one of the main forms of the goddess Shakti (the primordial cosmic energy) or the original manifested form of Parvati, and is also known by those names as well as Kali, Amba, Yogmaya, and over 100 others. Embodying the collective energy of the gods, she was created to slay the shape-shifting, deceptive, and powerful buffalo demon Mahisasura; the event is commemorated in the Durga-puja, one of the most important festivals in northeastern India, Bangladesh, and Nepal; it addition to epitomizing the victory of good over evil, it is also in part a harvest festival that recognizes her as the motherly power behind all of life and creation. In the "Rig Veda" (10.25) the Devi Suktam hymn appears:
    "I am the Queen, the gatherer-up of treasures, most thoughtful, first of those who merit worship.
    Thus gods have established me in many places with many homes to enter and abide in.
    Through me alone all eat the food that feeds them, – each man who sees, breathes, hears the word outspoken.
    They know it not, yet I reside in the essence of the Universe. Hear, one and all, the truth as I declare it.
    I, verily, myself announce and utter the word that gods and men alike shall welcome.
    I make the man I love exceeding mighty, make him nourished, a sage, and one who knows Brahman [ultimate reality].
    I bend the bow for Rudra [Shiva], that his arrow may strike, and slay the hater of devotion.
    I rouse and order battle for the people, I created Earth and Heaven and reside as their Inner Controller.
    On the world's summit I bring forth sky the Father: my home is in the waters, in the ocean as Mother.
    Thence I pervade all existing creatures, as their Inner Supreme Self, and manifest them with my body.
    I created all worlds at my will, without any higher being, and permeate and dwell within them.
    The eternal and infinite consciousness is I, it is my greatness dwelling in everything."

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?