Friday, August 31, 2018

Ryan Quinn Flanagan writes


Artificial Intelligence Happens Everyday

you don’t need computers
for that
but here I am trying to purchase a new laptop
from Dell
and they put me through to the fraud department
for verification.

Reassuring me that it is standard procedure
but I am not so sure.

The nice Indian man on the other end
has to repeat himself many times
so I can understand.

I still don’t
but I tell him I do for sake of ease
and hope for the best.

A large brown wasp flies up to the window
and tries to sting me
in anger.

He is closer to my hive then I am to his
so I get territorial, sting back many times
with my left index finger.

Banging on the window screen
as I am transferred to another nice Indian man
from sales.
remo lienhard Wasp
Wasp -- WES21

1 comment:

  1. While a student at the University of Texas in Austin, in 1984 Michael Dell founded PC's Limited, which sold IBM PC-compatible computers built from stock components. In 1985 the firm made the 1st computer of its own design and custom-assembled it according to a selection of options. The firm grossed more than $73 million in its 1st year of operation. It became Dell Computer Corporation in 1987, and it was added to "Fortune" magazine's list of the world's 500 largest firms in 1992, making 27-year-old Michael Dell the youngest CEO in the list's history. I 1999 the firm became the world's largest maker of PCs. After expanding its product line to include televisions, digital audio players, printers, and other items, the firm changed its name to Dell Inc in 2003.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?