Sunday, October 25, 2015

Adesola Oladoja writes

The Patient Dog
 
Once I came across a dog
Panting before a puddle
By our side a narrow path
The dog was not befuddled
For it stood apart
 
Its message was clear
Rang louder than sirens
Have your way o human
I thought at the sense
It bothers my man
I smiled and took the lane
 
Not until I had my way
Did it start its ply
I wish I could give it a pat
Know not what that would imply
But that act on my heart sat
 
For that dog has shown me
The greatest lesson
I need for a while
How to deal with persons
Even when I rile
Make my humble stand
Go along with a smile
 
Be  longsuffering
Let peace have its way
And do nothing but remember
The fattest bone in all seasons
Still belongs to the patient dog
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?