Friday, March 1, 2019

Octavio Quintanilla writes


New God 

Yesterday, I wanted to buy myself a new god,
one who never tires of forgiving me,
one who rejoices at seeing me turn my back on him.
In bed, I imagine I am crossing the ocean
you want to cross to be with me.
We meet right underneath the North Star,
and I tell you I want to buy a new god,
one who would give me the courage to break open my fate in two,
one who would guide my hand to your heart
so I can listen to the history of all your loves.
Yesterday, as I invented a new god to buy,
I contemplated all the goodness I have lost
and all the years I would surrender just to be here. 
Image result for god for sale paintings
Mahana No Atua (Day of the God) -- Paul Gauguin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?