Monday, March 25, 2019

Arlene Corwin writes


I Like Jazz

I like jazz, no, love it!
Like to improvise, like changing chords, 
Like turning errors to rewards; 
Spontaneous and in-the-moment: 
In and out.
So gratifying.

I like treating life like jazz;
Mistakes that colour
Brighten up an old worn theme;
Augment esteem
And in some way, 
Too mesmerising to portray
In chords or words, 
Humbly proffer sweetest curds 
Of love.

I’m lucky.  
I can play the stuff,
Playing 'round, say, off the cuff.
Where fears are fluff and disappear.  
What could be better?

I might show up one day playing 
With my nose
Or on my elbows.
Who knows
How far improvising goes?

As my life grows shorter,
As my jazz gets freer
All the waters of my melodies find power 
That I never knew were there.

Who knows where these ideas come from?
When they come or how they come,
No end of gushing’s  sum,
The hum of thinking factory and factor
A continuum of energy 
To enhance my jazz and me.


 

 Image result for jazz paintings
 We Are From Jazz -- Jurita Kalite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?