Monday, September 17, 2018

Arlene Corwin writes


When I Left

When I left,
I didn’t have the means of entry
To an honesty that should have said,
Could have said,
“I loved you once, but now I don’t.
I do not love you anymore.”

Such simple words, and yet
I could not think of how to say them.
I, the wimp said, “Yes,”
Not making clear the “no” of un-conditionality.
Instead, I said,
“Well, in a way,” or, “like a friend.”
What was I thinking when
I really wanted it to end?
So cowardly.

Hidden somewhere among fears
I could not find an honesty -
Which only brought more tears.
Fear of hurting you?  No, it was
Weakness and hypocrisy, which
Given a like situation
I would never do, be, have again:
Saying yes when I mean no. 
I’d go,
But with more
Candor.
I Don't Love You MCR by KilljoyShellyShooter
 I Don't Love You -- Michelle Skye Sailors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?