Thursday, September 24, 2015

Reena Prasad writes


A Deadly Love



A curious cloud passed by
You flogged it black and blue
I heard its shrieks of pain
Saw tears roll down the window pane
You loved the summer rain



There are no trees here
I am glad no birds come to feed
A waiting cage swings
and at night I fall asleep
soothed by its creaking emptiness



It is a blessing
to be alone with you
I wonder how many are saved
while you are loving me to lifelessness



Another night has passed
Its dark cotton swabs my pain
Dawn polishes its cruel glass
and I see my aged heart
sprawl its tired limbs
under my eyes



You peeled back the happy skin
now listen to the scars singing elegies


3 comments:

  1. Reena presents another eerie look at death and love and life from her own fascinating point of view.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?