Thursday, March 10, 2016

Sudeep Adhikari writes



Outside My Window, The Silence is Slanted

Listen to the sound it makes 
when you come out 
of your skin and 
see yourself, all naked; 
Time is your own construction 
it is not the ticking clock.

Drinking few photons 
of stainless quiet 
on a weekday 
makes me a bee, sucking juices 
out of the concrete corrosions 
A sway, a dance 
on the velvet breezes 
Now, 
translate me to anything.

Sing me, kiss me 
your pulses swarm my space 
like the radio-waves; psycho-magnetic 
feel free to throw words at me 
if you don’t feel like talking 
call me, 
when you are finished 
writing an unsayable tale.

traveled to the archaic pre-histories 
of my underground 
to see my unborn face, and there 
I was a pagan, the son of Earth 
with a God, burning inside 
the same God 
who doesn't live in your shrines.

Image result for snake shedding skin image

1 comment:

  1. According to Friedrich Nietzsche, "The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind."

    Joseph Campbell made a similar point: "The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come. If you want resurrection, you must have crucifixion... We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?