Saturday, October 6, 2018

Shalini Samuel writes


Dark days

A bang, my window pane breaks down
I run to the door that’s locked tight
Blind I become or the key gets invisible, I know not
More sounds threaten me from far and near
The old neem tree bends to crash a wall
I shiver in fear, when I hear a roar from my backyard
Is it a cyclone or an earthquake? 
Is my death near or is the world destroying itself? 
Screaming my heart out, I kneel to surrender
No food, no water I tremble as my hope shatters 
Let the fury be calmed, I say to myself
Slowly the sounds fade away as I relax
The door unlocks itself to green pastures
Akin to a thirsty deer that finds water
I run to feel the safe mother Earth’s hand
I wonder was it all just a dream
The traffic was moving on silently
My neighbour was still fighting with the milkman
Everything and everyone were in their destined place
With no signs of any turmoil, the earth revolved
And I, I wondered was it just my imagination
Which one – the storm or the calm! 
I knew then
The day you come out of  illusion 
The fear, the hopeless tunnel
The dark days just disappear
And yet again I was trapped in a illusion – happiness! 
Image result for storm paintings
Ancient Storm -- Igor Khalandovskiy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?