Sunday, October 14, 2018

Jack Scott writes

The Best of No Worlds

I need to get away from indecision. 

I need beach on mountaintop 
with surf and mossy rocks and sand, 
seashells, spruce and clams and deer, 
flounder, trout and salamander.

When we met 

we made the winter go away
and promised kinder seasons 
to each other, 
brighter, warmer  
with beach and mountains 
and time enough for all, 
for each, 
for both. 

It is summer now 

and we are not together; 
we did not last the spring.

You don't know where I am 

or care. I
 don't where you’ve gone 
or why.

I am at a beach upon a mountaintop, 

if only in reflection 
in travel agent's window.

Mountaintop Painting - Crater Lake by Charles Hill

Crater Lake -- Charles Hill


 Poet on a Mountaintop -- Shen Zhou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?