Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Kari Rhyan writes


I come out of the kitchen
and think about 
everything I regret

That time with the guy
a name caller
that careless purchase
a paperweight.

I move into the living room
And think about
Everything I regret

That guy with the gun
could get me killed
the elder with a temper
much worse than mine

I sit at the computer
And think about 
Everything I regret

shooting down my hair
making way for my 

fingers. The tool at the bar
the one who said no and no
the cowardice that enveloped
after she did that thing 
the time a friend left my eyes
don’t look at me anymore 
the lie that was discovered 
after coming home 
the milk and the murder
and marrying 
 
all made way for you.
Image result for man with gun paintings
Man With Skull Gun And Suitcase -- Fabrizio Cassetta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?