Sunday, October 7, 2018

Jack Scott writes

Locks and Keys

In my very own sense, 

I am outside society, 
against consensus.

In my next and borrowed state 

I wonder how 
I can seem nearly whole 
instead of in bits and pieces.

How did I withstand all that practice 

with anything holding together? 
They said it couldn’t be done without them, 
their instruction, directions and formulae.

It is strange that after graduation 

Education considered over, 
and commencement means beginning 
so we’re taught the lottery can be won.

After bootcamp/baccalaureate 

I met my alter ego/soulmate. 
We married each other 
and divorced the world.

You be the lock, 

I'll be the key. 
I'll open you 
then you open me.
Related image
Key Note -- Michael Christian

Related image

Key Note --extramatic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?