Sunday, October 7, 2018

Anoucheka Gangabissoon writes


The Arms of Love

Disrobed,
I swirled into the heart of the night
Enduring the solitude and the silence!

Fireflies surrounded me
While fairies sang
And mirrors opened up their doorways
To the other worlds!

Gods and Goddess reached out to me
Covered my nudity with white clothes
And bid me to accompany them
To the land where musical beats 
Keep the stability spinning itself into place!

But I, 
Totally enamored,
Disrobed myself once more
And ran into the darker depths of the night
Straight into the arms of Love,
A place so comforting
That tangled in there
Nothing bothers me and nothing matters anymore
Except 
The swells of both of our sensual urgencies!

Night witches flew by
Night wolves roamed about
Night creatures rambled about
But none did dare harm us
For Love,
Of such type
Is worth more than a revered celebration!

Without you, said I to Love's ears
The Heavens are void!
Without you, said I to Love's heart
I shall suffer for eternity!
Without you, said I to Love's lips
I shall forever be empty!

Disrobed,
I plunged in Love's warmth
No more having to endure solitude,
Knowing that somehow, someday
The Heavens shall save us both
If we keep the fire that binds us
Strong and sturdy!

The Kiss by Auguste Rodin. Photograph: Christophel Fine Art/UIG via Getty Images
The Kiss - Auguste Rodin

1 comment:

  1. She tells her love while half asleep

    She tells her love while half asleep,
    In the dark hours,
    With half-words whispered low:
    As Earth turns in her winter sleep
    And puts out grass and flowers
    Despite the snow,
    Despite the falling snow.

    -- Robert Graves

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?