Saturday, October 13, 2018

Pramila Khadun writes

Under your wings

Seeing the bubbling cauldron that life is,
I was filled with self-doubt.
With a tangled state of mind,
Shivering heart, in a frenzy,
With a faraway look in my eyes,
I waited for you.

While you walked towards me,
My eyelids fluttered in delight.
I loved the prowess and confidence
In your voice, so modulated
So concentrated and so crystal clear.

You took me under your wings
And I found my comfort zone.
You showed me the white fleecy clouds,
The joyously swaying trees,
The wild luxuriance of flowers,
The bulbous beautiful tulips,
The touch of the perennial rose
And the lively sunflowers
Always following the sun.
And you said,
‘Happiness resides here,
In the simple creation of God”
And I replied, ‘Yes’.
And he kissed me
While my heart resonated
With the sweetest harmonies.

You made time roll back
And showed me the cherubic
Innocent days of my childhood,
The wild days of my youth,
The lasting autumn of my life
And you said,
‘Let not your heart lament
Over the colossal wrecks of the past’
And I said, ‘ yes.’
And again you kissed me
While my heart pounded with
The lilac flame of desire.

Again I clung to your wings
And you showed me the zebras,
The hippopotamus and the lions,
The depths of waters unknown,
The deep blue currents in the sea,
The whales and the dolphins
And the stunning beauty of the Himalayas.
And you said,
‘Life is a journey on earth
And there are many more
Beautiful journeys ahead.’
And I said, ‘yes.’
And again you kissed me.
I become almost semi-conscious
And what happened next,
I don`t know. 
 




Unruly Cauldron -  Melissa Stagi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?