Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Glory Sasikala writes


Someone's Living In My Purse!



someone slipped into my handbag
i knew then sadness

a wet hanky

my bad hair day

they handed me a comb

they exchanged chocolates 

i'd sprayed into the bag

i found the wrappers in a corner

the tissue papers had messages in them

someone had drawn a moustache

on my pics

my credit cards were overdrawn

i swear i did not see them leave

but i found a new diamond ring

it lay beneath the wet hanky

i was washing clothes when i should have been jogging

my day list was all screwed up

someone's living in my purse

someone and someone and someone

and they're living my life.
Dali's Many Moustaches --  Josette Brouwer's 5th grade art class, Georgetown Elementary School, Hudsonville, Michigan

Image result for dali

Salvador Dalí

1 comment:

  1. Dalí died on 23 January 1989 and was buried in a crypt below the stage of his Teatre-Museu Dalí in his hometown, Figueres, Catalunya. His body was exhumed on 20 July 2017 to settle a paternity suit. His embalmer, Narcís Bardalet, was amazed to see that his "mustache remains intact, marking 10 past 10, as he desired. It's a miracle. Dalí will be with us for a long time.” The mustache measured 25 cm and Michael Elsohn Ross called it a "heavily waxed and flexible work of art;" the painter himself referred to it as "the most serious part of my personality." In 1954 he and photographer Philippe Halsman published "Dali's Mustache: A Photographic Interview" with a series of questions, cryptic answers, and photos; the book ends with the query, "Could it be that you are crazy?" and the response, "I am certainly saner that the person who bought this book."

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?