Sunday, January 15, 2017

Arlene Corwin writes



What’s Wrong With Me?



The year has turned,
Sixteen become a seventeen.
I have a lovely site online.
A zillion poems both long and weeny,
Useful, beneficial all,
At least to me.
Artistic too. Full of value.
My stats say that the most were read
Two thousand ten.
Seven long, long years ago.
There’ve been three thousand more since then.
Prolific yes,
Creative yes.
But reader-less.
What’s wrong with me?
Is it about a hawking, talking, marketing?
Merchandising? Paying out
A lot of loot?
What’s the secret?
Is there one?
All that keeps on turning up
Is Leonard Cohen -
Tons and tons of Leonard Cohen.
He shows up on his own
While I, I lie in anonymity,
My popularity an all time high
2555 days in the past,
Arrested! Fast!
Oh my! And sigh! Ill-fated I!
Whatever is the difficulty?

 Image result for arlene corwinArlene 2010

1 comment:

  1. In the 1960s Arlene was Leonard Cohen's neighbor and friend on Hydra. She was already a Broadway star and accomplished performer, and he was already a noted poet but not yet a pop culture sensation.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?