Sunday, March 4, 2018

Austin Belanger writes



Angry

i have been angry for so long,
i don't even know why anymore.
the fire in my heart
refuses to be quenched,
and the barbs of yesterday's demons
stab at my soul without reprieve.
the leaves change to fire,
so appropriate their wardrobe
this time of year,
for it captures my mood to a "T".
i don't know what burns within me,
or why it persists,
save all of these memories,
and losses,
and what if's,
and what should've beens.
If only I could forget,
but then i would miss
who the hell i am!
for who am i without my demons,
and my lost love,
and my woulda, coulda, and shoulda?
i don't fucking know.
and that makes me angry.


 Autoportrait -- Antoine Stevens



No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?