Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Anoucheka Gangabissoon writes



Asphyxiating Obscurity

Say, the night sky is overwhelming
Scattered across the dark blanket
Are sparkling dots,
Aiming solely to enchant me
With the mystery that surrounds them!
Among them,
Hidden and camouflaged
Lies the abode from where origin is born!
Yes,
It is there that everything started
It is there that it shall all end!

The night sky,
Dressed in its starry gown,
Holding in its hand a wand,
Hypnotizes me
By creating in my imagination, glimpses
Of that life that I speculate about
A life in which materialism matters not
Physical well being matters not
Love abounds as the oceans of Earth
And existing remains as soothing as soft flute music!

The night sky, so grandiose and magnificent
Seems to mock me at the same time
Making me realize that I am a mere particle,
Thus, insignificant and insubstantial,
Thereby, being not worthy of being considered!

Pray, claiming to be a lover of existence
I do only yearn to have my essence
Bathing in that of the night sky
As, entwined with the root cause of origin,
Nothing shall matter
Except Existing!

Why, someday, I shall have wings grown on my back
I shall fly, free and carefree
Worrying not about what I usually worry about
Worrying not about that which has not happened yet
I shall fly, simply,
While letting the night sky fill my throat
To the extent of suffocating me!
 Image result for mackennal truth paintings
Truth -- Bertram Mackennal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?