Sunday, March 4, 2018

Nandita Samanta writes



Losing to a moment ~

Why is my heart getting wrapped
around my frozen mind, 
squeezing it,
and sending it into isolation
in a languid cell
to the point of desperation?

It's not that my heart
wanders everywhere without care
but it is consumed
by the focus, fascination
and interest of this moment!

The attraction is
nulling a part of me,
losing it
to the sweet aroma,
white softness and brilliance of a second
unfurling like a night bloom.

Oh! this moment of creation
is expanding the room of my heart
warming, softening, and awakening
the rush, the transfusion,
the perfusion of my soul.

In this creation, I feel a celebration.
In this instant of pausing
I have again found
my heart rejoicing
in oomphs and sighs,
feeling the graceful embracing warmth,
the ineffable touch of elation
in words of devotion, benumbed by the ineluctable grip of ephemerae.

-- Henry Cockburn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?