Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Umid Ali writes



YOU AND ME

It is me – a tree cut from its root,
It is you – a river which has lost its watercourse.
It is me – a couple of palms inside palms,
It is you – a shame crying inside the eyes.

It is you – the moon which is visible to stars,
It is me – a day drowning into nights.
It is you – a bourn depleted of its edges,
It is me – a voice deprived of a melody.

It is me – a pain which destroyed hearts,
It is you – a white flower which its thorns decorticated.
It is me – a brave man with broken swords,
It is you – a widow in a tabernacle without a husband.

The pains of life are endless… too many,
A life is without a collar and a sleeve.
When you left, I found a response to the question,
I cannot live a day without you. 

tr.  Asror Allayarov, from "The Gate Opened by Angels"



Image result for La Tristezza e le sue molte variazioni dona vittino

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?