Friday, December 9, 2016

Mary Annie A. V.



The clock on the wall: 
The clock on the wall  
harboured beneath it, ants.




I discovered it, 
when after 
three years of faithful ticking 
it decided to stop.




I stood tip toe on a stool 
and picked it off the wall. 


From the black colony 
some disentangled 
and blinded me. 



As I touched the floor 
I thought 
I heard the clock tick again.



Before I knew 
It's  big steel arms  
enveloped me 
in a strong embrace,




I  choked.



The ants resumed their kissing 
and kept marching on. 

 The Persistence of Memory hidden symbols, 1931. Painting by Salvador Dali
 La persistència de la memòria (The Persistence of Memory) -- Salvador Dali

 http://vsemart.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Solid-clock.jpg
 [detail]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?