Friday, November 17, 2017

Heather Jephcott writes




To Be Content



Content means,
'feeling at home',
not necessarily enjoying
every aspect served,
perhaps there is pain,
but still,
it is the growth towards
a quiet heart,
at peace, at rest
with how things are
where things are.



Content means,
'feeling at home'
with the people around,
with the space, the place
and all amounts given,
no loaded weights
of unfulfilled desires
crowding, dragging
mind or heart.



Content means
'feeling at home'
with myself
and with the air around,
opening my eyes
to the goodness,
the beauty

wherever I am,
being settled in my heart
that God will
take care of me.



Content means
'feeling at home'
at peace
with the past,
full of hope
for the future.

 Image result for contentment painting
 Contentment -- Niki Gulley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?