Saturday, June 25, 2016

Michael Marrotti writes




"Buried And Forgotten"

This breeding ground
of resentment
has grown in width
to contain the decay
of social relations


Another verb
as fast as a bullet
Another noun
as sharp as a cleaver
Conversations

that should have
never been spoken
The disruption of vibes
a tidal wave of emotion


This chapter
it haunts me
All I want
is to get even
The short end
of the stick
is placed
within my palm 


No compromise
in hatred
I'm steadfast
in my beliefs
Scorned for my
standards
It may be in the news
But decency is
minding your
own business
The good times
of the past are
buried and forgotten









Two colliding bullets from the World War I battle of Gallipoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?