Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Umid Ali writes


HAPPINESS LIVES, HOPE BLOOMS 

If I occult my hopes into your eyes, 
If I pick up dream-flowers for you, 
If I spray flower smell to your nostril, 
Enjoyable happiness will exist, dreams bloom. 

If spring heat paints in your face, 
If smiles respect patience, 
If the beauty of love leaks nicely to your lips, 

Enjoyable happiness will exist, dreams bloom.

If pearls and diamonds run over your head, 
A soul will be rewarded with confidence, shame and allegiance. 
If the soul devotes love and endurance, 
Enjoyable happiness will exist, dreams bloom.


My flower grew up only for me, 
It dedicated its melodies to me only, 
Grow with love, uncurl with love, at this time, o, flower, 
Enjoyable happiness will exist, dreams bloom.

--tr. Asror Allayarov, from "The Gate Opened by Angels"



Dream Flowers -- Win Min Mg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?