Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Renee' Drummond-Brown writes


Dear John, 

Dear John,
I hope
this poem
finds you
in the best of health.
I love you
BUT…
I found
someone else.

He’s actually
your best friend
and
my babies’
dad.
I promise you though,
he
did-not
destroy
what you and I
once had.

I just grew tired
of you
being away
so
very long.
One thing led
to another;
felt so right
an’ yet
so wrong.
We tried to tell you
before
you left
for war.
But then
like the Temptations
we both thought
another
mind war;
hmm~~~
what is it good for?

So,
as stated before,
I love you,
BUT…
I found someone else~~~
that I
just
absolutely
adore.


Dear Jody,

Oh,
no one
must’ve
told you,
an’ you still
don’t know?
I married
your
best friend
LONG; LONG
LOOOOONG
before
I left home.

She gets
‘YOUR’
allotments,
medical coverage,
social security
and
my pension too.
We’re on an island
(military base)
‘laughin’
our butts off;
bout
how
WE BOTH
PLAYED YOU!

Hey Jody,
How’s them projects;
I left you in?
All them mixed babies?
The welfare checks
and my drug dealing
best friend?

Sorry sister girl,
you got played in the end.
See you,
when we come home
with
our
son,
daughter,
dog
and
Mercedes Benz.

Love John,
Your ex-lover and best friend.
 
Dedicated to: Oorah~~~Semper Fidelis~~~You ‘gotta’ pay to play ‘wit’ a few good men!!!
Image result for unfaithful paintings
Unfaithful -- Marco Tulio Riccioppo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?