Sunday, March 3, 2019

Linda Imbler writes


A Train To Somewhere

I remember my grandparent’s enclosed porch,
their Boston Terriers nipping at my heels
as I entered the yard.

I enjoyed the reminiscences,
repeated at each visit.
I reveled in the laughter that ensued 
as each anecdote about my childhood was concluded.

The story I remember most today
is the one about my lone field trip,
at the age of three,
to the neighborhood railroad tracks.
Little me, found by frantic people 
and returned home safely.

In later years, my grandmother,
Alzheimer ridden,
was found wandering 
those same railroad tracks
by equally frantic people.

I’ve wondered since
if we were looking for the same thing.
Image result for railroad tracks paintings
Hard Decision -- Dragica Micki Fortuna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?