Wednesday, March 6, 2019

John D Robinson writes


THE GUNSLINGER

He strolled into the lounge like
a fucking wild-west gunslinger,
he didn’t even glance at me as
he swanked on by and then
leapt onto a sofa chair and
made himself comfy:
Bessie the dog, beside me,
took no notice:
he then started purring
loudly and looking over
at me, I began smiling
and then laughed:
my wife was in bed: it
was an unwritten rule
that the cats were not
permitted in the lounge:
tonight ‘Little One’
thought fuck-it, I’m
going in no matter,
he stayed a short while
and then made an
elegant and posing
exit, like a fucking
gunslinger in the
mood for some action.
Related image
Go Ahead, Make My Day -- Sommer Rayn

1 comment:

  1. At the beginning of the 1983 movie "Sudden Impact," Dirty Harry Callahan (played by Clint Eastwood) killed several robbers in a shootout. The lone survivor held a gun to the head of a hostage, but Callahan pointed his revolver into the man's face and dared him to shoot, saying "Go ahead, make my day" (meaning that if the robber tried to hurt the hostage Dirty Harry would be overjoyed to kill him.) The robber surrendered. At the finale, Callahan repeated the threat against a murderer, who laughed at him before Dirty Harry shot him.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?