Friday, April 6, 2018

Rajnish Mishra writes


Immortal I

Alive not immortal am I, not me.
I live, I know, in the end to die. 
I’ve heard it said gods wept and bled,
Like us they lived, and loved and died.
I bleed and weep and live and die,
Yet I’m no god.
Not good, am I?

I’m tired, not dead,
Not I, not yet,
Of feeling like one,
Not being a god.   

Myself should I push                                                                                                                                       
Into myths ever new, and get                                                                                                             
Reborn. Let my mind, the Father,         
Beget his son – The God that’s me.
Image result for mortality paintings Mortality -- Paula Visnoski

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?