Tuesday, January 3, 2017

George Reece performs

One of These Days


Maybe you’re wondering where we’re going,
Maybe you can’t see straight.
Maybe you want it all at once,
But trust me, if you wait…

One of these days we’ll have a home,
A couple of kids, a life of our own,
I’ll wear a suit and tie and wonder why I won.
Maybe you’ll work, maybe you won’t,
We’ll be alright if you do or you don’t.
It’ll be everything, we’ll even sing for fun.

And if you like I’ll even try to be the kind of man,
That everybody thought I ought to be.

One of these days you’ll get your due,
And you won’t believe your luck when you do,
But let me tell you baby,
One of these days you’ll see.

And if you want I’ll learn to dance and take you to a ball,
Charm will be synonymous with me.

Maybe for now you’d settle for less,
But give it some time and you’ll have the best,
Yeah let me tell you baby,
One of these days you’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?