Monday, November 6, 2017

Mark Borczon writes



THE FEET OF THE MATADOR

Swimming in
An abandoned
Steamer trunk
On my living room
Floor is the
Blood red mermaid
Of my daughter’s
Love

I am old
And she has
Aged around
Me like
A cape I use
To fight
Bulls that
Are in their
Prime

I have lost
Much to
Heartbreak
And vodka
To hard times
And lonely tears
To the sound of weeping
Reaching across
The city nights
Falling just short
Of my out stretched
Hands

But you must
Ignore the cape
And watch the
Feet of the
Matador
See them stand
True through
Six perfect
Veronicas

Two each for
My three
Perfect
Daughters
In this brutal
Dance with
Death that
I do always
Only for
Them
 Day of the Dead Artist David Lozeau, La Matadora, Dia de los Muertos, Sugar Skull
 La Matadora -- David Lozeau

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?