Sunday, November 26, 2017

Anahit Arustamyan writes



I WAS BORN TO HEAR YOUR BELL

Clock! What do you measure? Are they a book's pages read or unread? Can a book remain on the same shelf? I have something to say to my own self. Nothing is stronger than your magic bell. I was born in a bird's nest. I was born in a seashell. I was born somewhere to hear my steps. Clock! You invent both stories and legends to tell. Clock! Your legs are longer than a mountain's neck. Clock! Your palms are wider than all writing desks. So many books have been left. Clock! How many pages have you read? My path is shorter than your fingernail. Can a book remain on the same shelf? Clock! I was born to hear your bell.

 Bible, Clock, Candle still life oil painting.Bible, Clock, Candle -- Michael Schulze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?