Sunday, June 25, 2017

Ayoola Goodyness Olanrewaju writes



good teeth



if i tell you of your bad teeth 
it is not for the moments of flawlessness I bear
no man is infallible...



it is not for the paints of super colours for my blackness 
i am black enough for colours...


i once had a bad tooth 
the pains...unbearable...


the shame is not a joke 
it cannot be hidden in the eyes of many blind accolades...


it is because i know 
when my teeth are good and yours too 
poetry is brave...



the world is brave.
 Teeth Smile Painting - Anxiety by Kimberly Gifford
 Anxiety -- Kimberly Gifford

 Teeth Smile Painting - Big Smile by Sal Marino
 Big Smile -- Sal Marino
 Teeth Smile Painting - Tiptoe Through My Two Lips by Tim Nyberg
 Tiptoe Through my Two Lips -- Tim Nyberg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?