Thursday, May 4, 2017

Umid Ali writes



ONE THOUSAND NIGHTS

Thousands of wails in my heart
Because of the edge of thousands' sorrow.
There are thousands of oceans
Because of the cries which have still not stopped.

Thousands of heartburns, similar to mountains, 
They prickled my breast as silt. 
Thousands of bullets in my heart
Stand like thousands of stones.

The world cheats me, 
It snaps me one thousand one times. 
In this one thousand and first world
I tire of my patience.

One thousand and second… the way ends, 
One thousand one was the last melody. 
O, really, from right here,
This life recurs again! 

--tr. Asror Allayarov from " The Gate Opened by Angels"

 'Yininmadyemi' - Thou didst let fall.JPG
Yininmadyemi - Thou didst let fall -- Tony Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?