Wednesday, June 1, 2016

George Reece writes and plays

IndiVidYoual!




I don't know about you, but I know about me.
I don't know about all the things you're asking me to do for you babe,
But nothing comes for free.
I don't know about sun, but I know about rain,
And what I know about joy, well I know about pain.

Turn all the pages down, cause I have come around...

CHORUS
Oh my word! What has happened to me?
No one knows how to feel.
Oh my word! I've got someone to be.
I just realised, it's time to be alive,
I'm an indiVidYoual!! (nanana nanana na... etc.)

Out of all the things that I like to do,
Being me is the hardest and the greatest thing in life,
No I can't be you (nuh-u-oh).
But I never thought if I was gonna have friends,
That I could be all the kinds of strange I feel ('How Strange?' 'Real Strange!')
No I don't have to pretend...

Turn all the pages down, cause I have come around...

CHORUS

Nanana nanana naaaa!!!

Turn all the pages down, cause I have come around...

CHORUS x 3
...do more than just survive, to come, walk in, arrive!!
I'm an indiVidYoual! (nanana nanana na... etc.)





I made this video a few years ago having asked my small but gorgeous audience to film themselves singing along to the song. I laced their clips with a few of my dog to make one of my favourite music videos so far. I hope you like the song. I produced it myself and played all the instruments, so I've got no one to blame if you don't...!


1 comment:

  1. I will comment to this superior author/writer/composer/producer to kingdom come! Good to see you on this site. I'll follow!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?