Tuesday, January 16, 2018

George Reece plays

Little Light

Do I belong to him? Do I belong to you? 
Am I mere reflection of my imperfection? 
Am I something true? 

Am I an honest man, or am I running blind 
From the birds and bees, the flowers and the trees, 
Or just the passing time? 

If there was ever hope of getting out of here 
We'd better start expecting better, 
Start injecting, cutting through the fear. 

The clouds are burning up, I'm getting short of breath, 
And every step I take another mother makes 
Her claim of pride in death. 

It seems as though we only know each other in the night. 
What happened to you showing me the light? 

So what happens now? Am I a crying shame? 
Do I resign myself to making others wealthy 
Or rewrite the game? 

Look me in the eyes, see the burning glow 
Of everything you wanted 
In the one responsible for letting go 

It seems as though we only go to pieces in the night, 
And, shattering, your edges catch the light. 

I don't know, I do not know you any more. 
It all seems quite obscene. 
What do you mean, you never looked enough to see 
Our liberty? 

You selfishly deserted me. You'd never do what's right. 
Well if I did, you never hid your anger in a fight. 

You crash, you fall, above us all; a ruin in the night, 
But still within you burns a little light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?