Friday, March 18, 2016

Ike writes



My Ride Home on a Motorcycle



After work I walked to my truck

It would not start

When I went back into the shop

Everybody was gone but Jim

I didn’t know what to do

Jim said he would take me home

I said no (under my breath) because he had his Harley

I am scared to death of motorcycles

But it was the only way I had to get home

And it was getting late so I said yes

We got on the bike

Jim said just lean with me and everything will be all right

I buried my head in Jim’s back and put my arms around him

And locked my fingers together until my knuckles were white

And squeezed as hard as I could

And off we went

Jim got me home in one piece

I got off the bike and thanked Jim and went into the house

Where I shook for ten minutes

 
Harley Hound -- Ed "Big Daddy" Roth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?