Saturday, November 28, 2015

Kannadasa Dasan wtites


MOTHER EARTH


Who can write her worth?
The world of sacred birth
My lovely mother earth!
Young and old –please arise
And sing unto the space
Wonder of her praise!


Gardens where the birds sing
Where rabbits and cats blink
This world is fine!
World where the poets walk
Where orators and writers talk
My life is THINE!


All nations are my paths
All oceans are my ponds
Humans are my friends!
The forests are my parks
The animals are my pets
Hills are my books!


Her history is splendor vast
The nights are passing so fast
To great new days!
Long ago she won my heart
I dine in thy lovely resort
Where her fame grows!

 

3 comments:

  1. The earliest Mother Goddess figurine unearthed in India, near the Allahabad district of Uttar Pradesh, has been dated to circa 20,000 BCE. Thousands of them have been found at Mehargarh, one of the most important Neolithic sites in the world, going back to ca. 5500 BCE. In the Rig Veda, the great phenomena of nature were portrayed as living beings, usually in anthropomorphic form, and Earth (Prithvi) was one of the chief deities, while.Mahimata ("Mother Earth") was the female power. The Atharva Veda contains 63 mantras pertaining to Prithvi-Sukta (Hymn to Earth), which is "adorned with heights, slopes, plains, hills, mountains, forests, plants, herbs, and treasures; She takes care of every creature that breathes and stirs. May She give us joy, wealth, prosperity, good fortune and glory!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUANE VORHEES.....i thank you very much for your encouragement by publishing my poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please feel free to submit more of your terrific poems.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?