Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal writes


Open to the Possibilities

If you are being honest with yourself,
go where you have never been
before life takes your soul.
Shed your poetry skin.

Go anywhere, go everywhere,
you are bound to surprise yourself.
Find art in the travel,
in the mountain you have yet to climb.

Learn from the unfamiliar,
the names of flowers and trees.
Before the fatal day comes
expunge all your sorrows.

Find the light in the darkest of nights,
the splendor under rocks.
Do not bang your head on the wall.
You will find no beauty there.

Sprout wings of any kind.
Spring wings on your shoulders.
Fly like the butterflies
of your imagination.

I am open to possibilities.
I refuse to let life’s dagger pierce my side.
I never want to give in
to a murder or murderess of life.

Don’t think twice about it.
Be honest like your soul.
Once succumbed to the elements
who can you say goodbye?

Tame your anger and find joy.
At least give it a try.
When the last day comes at least you
can say, “My God, I gave life everything.”

I am open to possibilities
to go where I have not gone before.
I try to read between the lines
of every sentence put in front of me.

Image result for between the lines paintings
Between the Lines -- Lu Zvegintseva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?