Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Dorin Popa writes

MY  DEATH – MY  LIFE
 
had  things not hit  me
with  such  fury
I  might  not  have  seen  them
I  might  have  never  cared  about
them
my  sadness – my  joy
sometimes  I  am  allowed  to  see
how  evil  mingles  with  good
how  from  their  combination
everything  comes  to  life
my  death – my  life
I  would  have  never  found  the  way  to  you
if  I  hadn’ t  wandered  about
if  so  many  nights  hadn’ t  blinded  me
if  I  hadn’ t  found  comfort  in  loneliness
sometimes  in  the  middle  of  the  tempest
deep  silence  overwhelms  me
and  while  I  am  hit,  battered  and  slashed
I  can  see  in  silence
how  my  death  feeds  my  life

1 comment:

  1. My sadness --- my joy. My death -- my life. This a poem about the yin and yang of life, how opposites feed into each other and create the conditions of their existence. But is also about pain and redemption.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?