Sunday, August 30, 2015

Adesola Oladoja writes



My Fear



Let he who is

Sinless

Cast a stone first



We run from the truth

The truth we know

We know will bring the light

Why?



I do not cringe at failure

I've been in its mire

I have arisen a better me



I do not fear my flaws

I've known the strength

Of their weakness



I do not fear defeat

I've seen the victory therein

Which no ephemerality could behold



This is what I fear

That I'll one day run away

And dodge as soon as I hear

The footsteps of

My truth

The truth I so preach

1 comment:

  1. The beginning of this poem is a close paraphrase of John 8:7, wherein Jesus exhorts the accusers of a woman accused of adultery. At the end the poet is concerned that he may be the one who is the hypocrite

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?