Monday, August 13, 2018

James Babbs writes

Leaving the Bookstore


I see the heavy-set man
holding the cardboard sign 
will work for food & gas 
the bookstore didn’t have
the book I wanted
even though
according to the internet
it was released three days ago
this was the second time
I tried to get the book
the first time I tried getting it
I had the publication date wrong
on my way home I decide to stop
and get a pepperoni pizza
pepperoni is my favorite
but bacon on pizza tastes good too
it’s another Saturday night
and everything looks the same
I think about getting drunk
but I don’t have any booze
I guess
since the bookstore didn’t have
the book I wanted
I’ll go ahead and order it online
like I should’ve done in the first place
Rosace -- Jan Reymond

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?