Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Austin Belanger writes

Coffee and Reminiscence

I sit at my cluttered desk,
A representation of my hidden mind,
Thoughts remembered in a cacophony of synapses firing.
There are no witty remarks today,
Nor sarcastic prose,
Only my coffee and memories.
Through the din,
One light shines.
It is the light of a smile
That once guided me out of the storm.
You have left the lighthouse now,
It will never be tended by another.
But so strong was your light
That it is seen in your absence
And by your memory.  
My journey has missed
Many a jagged end upon the shores of reality.
Thank you and be blessed,
My light.
For though I miss your radiant glow,
I only wish for you to shine forever.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?