Monday, August 13, 2018

Heather Jephcott writes

My Rose (2)   


I remember her with tears in my eyes  
because she left a big hole in my heart and life  
no one ever cared for me like she did  
no one totally human, that is.

I remember the last time I saw her standing
waving goodbye to us.  
We had hugged just before,  
a beautiful soft, cuddly hug.  
I didn't know it then, but I did ask the question,  
"What would it be like if that was the last time I saw her  
standing waving goodbye?"

I remember now that it was the last time.
She was standing among her flowers  
beautiful but with a quiet loneliness
surrounding her.  
I lost her so quickly.  
She had not wanted to go but was prepared.  
I sang to her when she was flat on her back
unable to move,  
the days before we knew there was no hope, no waking.

I remember her
with tears, with smiles
 still with a hole in my heart
no one will ever be able  
to fill this hole the way she did.  
I can accept that  
and be grateful  
for having had such a wonderful mum.
 
Our Walk -- Claudia Tremblay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?