Thursday, January 4, 2018

Mark Borczon writes



WHO BARES THE BURDEN



I only ever throw pennies
In fountains where the hero
Sits on a horse
I put my faith in who
Bares the burden
Not in who
Holds the sword



And I have spent a life time
Walking in graveyards
Striking stick matches
Against family stones
Following my burning hand
Trying to find my
Way home



And I have poured milk
Into the bean black eye of death
To bleach it blond
And chain it down
Until it became
Weak and
Drinkable



I have always known
My time aint long
That what I done
Would bare an explanation
And I better know it
Well before I do
Anything anyone
Would notice

 Photo of JC Nichols Memorial Fountain - Kansas City, MO, United States

Image result for j c nichols memorial fountain

 One of the four horsemen statues of the Kansas City Missouri landmark J.C. Nichols Memorial Fountain on the Country Club Plaza. This statue represents the Mississippi River with a American Indian horseman combating a alligator and was done by sculpter Henri-Léon Gréber in 1910
 J. C. Nichols Memorial Fountain, Kansas City, Missouri --  Henri-Léon Greber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?