Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Dorin Popa writes



A LATE HURRIED FORBIDDEN SEPARATION
 
Never are you too hurt
to stand another  blow


in the autumn failures seem to increase
bad news comes from everywhere
I hear again that my life passes in vain
and everything that belongs to me is shattered
far away, too far away


suddenly, nothing shelters me anymore
nothing covers me protectively
I was hiding myself behind hazy walls of air
the wings and the words are dispersed now
and memories won’t come nearer, either


much poorer than the first time
I don’t dare to hold out my hand
here I’ve learnt that many things are forbidden to me
that I can’t touch anything without being punished
that I have been circling an immense emptiness for a long time


I don’t try to escape anymore – where could I go?
in front of the dull collapse I stand seduced
a dog barks at the leaves that fall down happily
and I can’t remember anything to protect me
I can't see anything but my guilt covering me


no matter how low I fell, today I’ve learnt
that I can fall even lower – deep as the sky
is the soul
Rick Bartow / Barking at Nothing at All
Barking at Nothing at All -- Rick Bartow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?